Photo by gré-Kelly Segré
It is the end of 2011 and for some of you it may have been a great year and some of you may be looking forward to 2012 more than ever! It is a tradition to make a New Year’s Resolution of things that you would like to change about yourself or for yourself in the new year. Here are some ideas you may want to consider for your boudoir photography business!
• Book more sessions – The best way to get more clients through the door is with mini and marathon sessions, with Valentine’s coming up this is the perfect time to jump-start your business!
• Sell more products – By doing in-house sales and having sample products for your clients to see is the best way to sell. Clients are more likely to buy products immediately after their session, so don’t wait until the edits are done to sell.
• Network more – Start networking with lingerie boutiques, gyms, yoga instructors, wedding coordinator…basically any type of business that caters to women who may be interested in boudoir sessions! Create a facebook fan page where your clients can see some of your recent work and hear about upcoming specials!
• Develop your own personal style – As with any type of business, especially photography the more distinct your style the more likely you are to get clients you want and like!
• Step out of your comfort zone – This can be anything from experimenting with lighting set ups, shooting film, trying different processes…basically getting creative!
• Practice, Practice, Practice – The best way to get good at anything is to practice, so find models or friends who will let you experiment so that you find cool ways to shoot your clients!
• Create a more sexy environment – If you have a studio make it so it feels sexy! If you are web-based on go to hotels or rent studios try to find places that have a sexy aura about them. If the first place most clients see is your website…so have a site that’s main focus is boudoir so it feels like it is a speciality!
If anything, just be sure to enjoy what you do and most definitely have a very Happy New Year!